What the hell is a 40k Nut Crusher Tournament?
Tournament Limit: 40 Players. First come, first serve so buy yo ticket, bruh.
Well I'm glad you asked. In case you don't like our fun and friendly highlander tournament on Saturday, you can take whatever cheese you want to this one on Sunday morning! This is a hardcore, no holds barred, 60 miles-per-hour kick in the crotch.
Nothing. Take 90 Power Level of anything you can think of, and maybe some things you can't think of.
Any. Thing. You. Want.
This game will be played on a 6x4 table.
This is a Matched Play game that allows Unbound armies. Players who take detachments will receive the corresponding Command Points, otherwise you do not receive Command Points.
But that wasn't hardcore enough for us. Oh, no.
It is a one-game tournament where you face off against some other crazy person with a death wish.
The match will be 6 full turns and will include:
- A Kill Point for each 10 Power Level of completely-destroyed units of your opponent's list*
- 6 Objectives worth 3 points each at the end of the game (most models within 3")
- Maelstrom-style scoring where on each turn of the game, the numbered objective corresponding to the turn number gives one point at the end of the turn to whoever holds it. (Ex: Turn 5- objective 5 gives a point at the end of the turn plus 3 more for holding it at the end of the game.
- A relic objective to hold in the center (3 points at the end of the game, most models within 3")
- Slay the Warlord- 3 points
- Line Breaker - 2 points
- First Blood - 1 point
Painted armies are not a requirement but in the case of a tie for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place we will break the tie by which army is more completely painted and/or based.
Awesome trophies will be awarded to the 3 people with the highest scores at the end of their game.
You must bring all applicable books to prove you can do what you say you can do. Also, bring 3 copies of your list.
IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT INFO: It has been decided that armies that do not have a codex at the time of Shorehammer will receive two benefits. 1.) Their Troop choices will have 'objective secured'. 2.)These non-codex armies may use a Stratagem multiple times per phase (but must still spend the appropriate CPs). This is to off-set the fact that they will not have army specific Stratagems, Warlord Traits, and Artifacts.